Thursday, January 26, 2012

Samuel's Favorite: Crunchy Onion Chicken

For those who don't know, I have a 10 1/2 year old son.  (He is AMAZING!)  It is the new year so I am eating healthier and that means Samuel is eating healthier too.  He is always asking me..."Mom can you PLEASE make me fried chicken?"  My answer is always, no sorry!  SO I was introduced to French's Crunchy Onion Chicken.  I wasn't sure about it as Samuel doesn't like onions and I wasn't sure it was going to be good.  I was so wrong.  It is AMAZING and Samuel LOVES it!  The chicken is juicy and the outside is crunchy.  I have been making this for a while.  Samuel has requested it for the last 3 nights.  :0)

The chicken cooks for 20 mins.  While it is cooking, it gives me plenty of time to cook veggies, rice, ect.  So with in 30 mins I have a complete meal.  I am all about quick and easy meals.

Here is the recipe! ENJOY!!!

Crunch Onion Chicken
Prep: 5 mins    Cook Time: 20 mins


2 cups French's Original Fried Onions
2 TBSP flour
4 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 egg, beaten

1. Crush French onion with flour in a bag
2. Dip chicken in egg.  Coat in crumbs.  I used a fork to press the crumbs firmly on the chicken
3. Bake on a cooking sheet at 400 degrees for 20 mins (do not over cook) or not longer pink

If you have thick pieces of chicken, slice them in half to make two thin pieces. While your chicken is cooking you can cook or prepare your side items.  

No comments:

Post a Comment