Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Is your brown sugar hard as a rock?

I don't know about you but I get so tired of my brown sugar drying out and hard as a rock.  I don't want to throw it out and waste it.  I haven't had time to go to the store and buy one of those stones you can put in there to loosen up the brown sugar either.  I was talking to a friend of mine about it and told her how frustrating it was.  She then told me to put a piece of bread on top of the brown sugar, wait a day or two and it won't be hard as a rock.  Once the bread has dried out, you can put another piece in there when needed. 

I went home and I put a end piece of bread (cause I don't like eating the end pieces) in the jar on top of my brown sugar.  I went back a couple of days later and she was right, the brown sugar had loosened up.  I was very excited.  So from now on, when there are end pieces left, I am going to freeze them, so i can have them on had for my brown sugar.  :0)  




2 comments:

  1. This idea also works with cookies. Keeps them from getting hard - unless you like them that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know, I have never heard of that. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete